Saturday, August 18, 2007

He's Not Heavy, Final Chapter.

Well, its over!

And what a debacle it was. Neither David nor I played well at all. My neck and arm were very painful. (I know, I know, excuses are for losers. Well, I lost, didn't I?) It really did take some of the fun out of the tournament for me. I just could not shake off the pain, and I'm not that good when I'm healthy.

David obviously broke under the pressure of carrying me for the past couple of days. He missed one putt which left me speechless. For those of you who know me, you know that's no mean feat. He played so poorly overall on Saturday, that I scored one more point than he did, despite my nerve problem. I can't blame him, though, since I was nearly useless as a partner. He had been forced to go it alone Thursday and Friday (and wasn't half bad). He finally ran out of gas.

As badly as we played on the golf course our fortunes reversed in the dining room. The food was phenomenal and we did our best to make sure none was wasted. The food was so good and plentiful that during Saturday night's hors d'oeuvres, I found myself saying "What, shrimp again?".

We will now start to think about how to improve for next year's event. With a couple of tweaks in our game, we can win it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I heard everything.....pinched nerve, blind in one eye, one arm shorter than another, my brother hand-cuffed me.......better luck next year. Glad the food was good. Your fellow BLCC member and repo vendor.

Anonymous said...

I just thought, I could be one of two........how about this.....does Dr. Mark ring a bell?

repoman said...

I'm so glad to see that you are reading my blog. I'm going to get back to politics soon.