Saturday, November 27, 2010

Steelers vs. Bills: Live at the Ralph!

Tomorrow, I am going to a live football game for the first time in some 20+ years.

When I last went to see the Bills play, the stadium was called Rich Stadium and I think Joe Ferguson was the Bills' QB. I'm pretty sure I would be more comfortable at home watching this on TV, but my kids have never been to an NFL game and, since they are both Steeler fans, we're going to Buffalo.

I'm expecting it to be a fun (if a bit cold) experience.

UPDATE: Those who saw the game know the Bills should have won it. The Steelers started strong but then went to sleep. This Bills team just does not quit. If their talent was on a par with their heart, they would be a formidable team.

Also, there were so many Steeler fans in the stands that the Bills may have wondered if it was an away game. There was even a Steeler vendor outside the stadium, selling terrible towels and the like. Its pretty rare that the vendors go to an away game and can still sell enough stuff to make the trip profitable.

3 comments:

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

I would like to say it was heartbreaking but I am sure you loved every minute of it.

repoman said...

Actually, we did have a good time.

Clearly, the Steelers won the first half and the Bills won the second. They should have won the overtime and the game, but for the dropped pass.

I was a little torn. I do like the Bills after all. But my Steeler fandom runs deep, so I left with a smile on my face.

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

Hopefully, knowing your average sloshed Bills fan, you waited until you reached your car before really smiling. Hey, the Cleveland Brown's loser fans hassled bigtime a poor 8 year old boy for wearing a Jets jacket. Bills fans have been known to be almost as bad. Time for my Steve Johnson blog. It could be a beaut.