Saturday, February 5, 2011

Super Bowl

As you probably know, I am a long-time and dyed-in-the-wool Steelers fan.

Green Bay seems to be the favorite. I guess they are the trendy pick and Aaron Rodgers is the poster boy QB everybody wants to succeed.

I had wondered if I could root for the Steelers with Ben at QB. I found that I could and I do. Ben has proved to be a tough and tenacious leader on the field. I have found a way to respect that part of his persona, while reserving judgment on the rest.

I think that Ben Roethlisberger is the better quarterback. I agree with many, though, that he still has much to prove. Not on the football field, but in the field of life. He still needs to prove he has changed from the arrogant, boorish heel that he had been through his brush with the law in Georgia. According to many close to the team, he has changed his behavior. But the jury is still out.

I'll be rooting for the Black and Gold on Sunday. I hope they and Ben prevail. I also hope that Ben, like Michael Vick, has really had that sort of epiphany that allows a person to change for the better. I am rooting for Ben in that game, as well.

No comments: