Thursday, July 19, 2007

When is a Republican Really a Democrat?


Let's ask my favorite Congressman, Jim Walsh.
You probably saw the recent story in the Democrat & Chronicle pointing out that Walsh "broke" with his fellow Democrats (oops, did I say that; it was a Freudian slip), I mean, Republicans, on several spending bills. Walsh is torn by trying to remain a Republican while acting (and voting) like a Democrat.

As a fellow conservative Republican remarked to me yesterday, "Who does Walsh think voted for him and kept him in Congress in 2006? Does he think those people will vote for him in 2008 based on his recent voting record?"

I can't help picking on this guy. He is the epitome of the spineless, self-centered politico, who cares only for his job and has no allegiance to constituents or principle.

I saw this cartoon and I just had to post it. Typical Walsh: trying to have it both ways while not noticing that the ground is giving way under his feet. What a loser!

No comments: