Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Another Dead Rabbit

This headline offers more proof that there is an inverse relationship between intelligence and fertility: Jamie Lynn Spears Says She's Pregnant.

Spears, the 16 year old "baby sister" of troubled pop star Brittany Spears, revealed that she was 12 weeks pregnant in an interview with OK! magazine. The father is her long-time boyfriend Casey Aldridge.

Obviously, this is not a funny story, however, you have to laugh at the following quote from the interview, if only so that you don't cry:

"What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex? 'I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait,' she says. 'But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in.' "

Maybe she can't be judgmental, but I can. Jamie and Brittany are poster children for what happens to kids who achieve fame too early in life and obviously without the appropriate adult family guidance.

Boy, Mrs. Spears must be so proud!

6 comments:

A Secular Franciscan said...

Let's see, he's 19 and she's 16. You know the law better than I do, but isn't that considered rape in some states?

repoman said...

Criminal Law is not my specialty, but, I don't think this would be considered rape under New York law.

It might be considered sexual abuse or sexual misconduct, but given their relative ages and the fact that he is under 21, their actions would likely only be considered stupid and irresponsible, not criminal.

Philbrick said...

Great blog, Repoman.

Have included a link to your site on Mustard Street

repoman said...

Thanks, Philbrick.

I was recently directed to your site and I immediately added it to my favorites, as well.

I particulary liked your analysis of the local races and your recent posts on "Baby Doc" in ER.

A Secular Franciscan said...

On a positive note: She didn't choose abortion. At least that is a positive example.

repoman said...

Amen to that, Lee.

But as the parent of two adopted children, I could offer her a better option.

Then again, did you read the D&C editorial about this situation? If it is true that Jamie Lynn made a deal to get $1,000,000 for the first pictures of the baby, then the Spears family is much worse off than I thought.

Brittany was so bad that a judge actually ruled that her babies are better off living with Kevin Federline. Now her 16 year old sister is making exploitative deals regarding a baby 12 weeks in the womb.

The end of the world must be near!