Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kuhl Must Be A Lock

I had read and heard that Randy Kuhl's re-election campaign was going pretty well, but now we have confirmation of sorts; to wit: the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle has given Kuhl its endorsement.

Anyone who is a long-time reader of the D&C knows that they endorse a few Republican candidates each election cycle, just to "prove" that they are "fair and balanced". A review of those GOP endorsements, however, reveals that the D&C's usual modus operandi is to endorse only those Republicans whom they expect to win.

I can't think of an endorsement of a Republican candidate who was not the favorite, nor even one where the race really hung in the balance, and where the D&C endorsement might push the Republican over the top.

So congratulations may be in order for Congressman Kuhl, if the D&C's endorsement history is any guide.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Repoman:

Repoman:

I think our local paper, the D&C is really just plain lousy - in its reporting, its writting and its bland editorials. I could never understand why you get so worked up over what opinion it takes. I believe it has zero influence. In the case of Kuhl, I can only say that I was recently in a local diner in Penn Yan having breafast, when I came across a paper called something like the Finger Lakes Connection. A poll of Stuben County, it reported, had Massa up by 5% Coupled with the lawn signs in yards for Massa, the D&C may give you reason for disappointment yet again.

repoman said...

Anon:

It appears we agree on the D&C.

I read it for the weather and sports. I go to the editorial page to get my heart-rate up.

Other than an occasional local news story, I don't get much of my news from our local paper.

Anonymous said...

Randy Kuhl is a moron

repoman said...

Anonymus:

Thanks for the deep and insightful comment.

Anonymous said...

Repoman:

Repoman:

The Moronic comment from "Anoymous" about Randy Kuhl, is not from the same "Anoymous" who frequenstly does try to provide thoughtful comment.

Whoevever this "Anoymouis" is, consider this:

Agree or disagree with positions, votes, ideas, directions- but do so with respect to the men and woman charged with carrying out thier duties. Liberal/ conservative, Democrat or Republican, the OFFICE of Representative of the People demands respect. It is what the 1776 Revolution was about and why thousands of graves are filled with the bodies of American soldiers across the globe.
If such a comment is the best you can do, please do not litter more

repoman said...

Anon:

I knew it was someone else.

I consider you anonymus prime. Maybe I'll respond to "A-1" when I think its you.

And, I second your message to the other guy.

Anonymous said...

I may not care for Randy Kuhl but calling him a moron, well, thats just, well, moronic. He is our congressman and deserves our respect. And, when it comes to Moronica, leave that to me.

Anonymous said...

PS: Also I second what the second anonymous said. Nothing could be more true and more well said. Anonymous moron, please keep your "insights" to yourself unless you can back up what you say.