Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Better Start That Diet!

I am going to head back to the gym and start my New Year's diet a bit early.

I read the paper this morning and read about the "Obesity Tax". Yikes! Today a tax on sugary drinks, tomorrow a surcharge on KFC. I figure it won't be long before guys like me who weigh over 275 will start paying an income tax surcharge for every pound over a "healthy target weight".

Seriously, there isn't much left between us and the nanny state. Everywhere we turn, we are being told what to eat, what to drive, where to set the thermostat, etc. I'm worried that the liberals who have taken over all the branches of government in Washington and Albany will have guys like me in their sights.

I mean, I put sugar and half and half in my regular coffee (that's three food police violations right there). I use butter instead of margarine and I love roast beef. I'm probably headed for a re-education camp where I'll learn to like whole grains, green vegetables and cottage cheese.

I may move to Canada after all. At least I can still get bacon and eggs there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If thats the case my picture will end up on a Post Office Bulletin Board or I will end up as an exhibit at Ripley's as the worlds most taxed sugaraholic. I may have to move to Iceland.