Friday, March 13, 2009

Orange Have Heart

I was one of many Syracuse Orange fans who stayed up way past our bed-times to watch their six-overtime classic win over UConn in the Big East basketball tournament.

By now you've heard all of the details; how the Orange never led in any of the first 5 overtimes but managed to hang in. You've heard how Jonny Flynn simply refused to let the Orange give up even after having Eric Devendorf's apparent game-winner waived off.

Until now, I thought Syracuse was a good club but that they wouldn't be able to match up against the really elite teams. Boy was I wrong! Last night Syracuse proved they can play with anybody.

The exhaustion of playing in such a game will probably show up tonight in the game against West Virginia. It would not surprise me if the 'Cuse don't have any gas left in the tank. But the rest of the NCAA tournament field should be on notice. This Syracuse team has the heart to go deep into the later rounds.

I'm marking my brackets accordingly.

No comments: