Monday, June 22, 2009

Vacation Time

I'm in the middle of a brief return to civilization. Our annual Christie Lake vacation is on. We had to return for Evvy to take a test and Joe's "graduation" from elementary school.

I generally don't like to be away from my office for a week, but I've been so busy lately that I welcome the rest.

There seemed to be less traffic at the border this year. I don't know if I just got there at a slack time or if the economy has caused people to cut back. The price of gas is nearing $3.00/gallon again. That could be a factor.

Actually, the price of gas has been increasing pretty steadily for weeks now. Funny how there has been virtually no news coverage of the increases this time around. The last round of increases led to constant news coverage and Congressional inquiries. I wonder what's different now?

4 comments:

A Secular Franciscan said...

Good time to be out of town, given the latest GOP flap.

Now they are calling for Allkofer to resign! (I don't think he should.)

When you get back, let's set up a time for coffee.

A Secular Franciscan said...

Hmm. Alkofer, Tette, and now Ralph - and Pisaturo had a bad tax moment.

Is there a chance the Dems will take Gates this fall?!

King Dinglefritz said...

Good to have you back Repoman! Ralph has done an outstanding job as supervisor during Gate's lean years. I fully expect to vote for Mark Assini come this election as I believe we should stay the course Ralph has laid out. Its also my way of showing the democrats in the County Legislature that they have 'irked' me.
PS: I wonder who else is going to come up with a 'bogus' Robatraud paint job???? And Frank Alkhofer should remain where he is. Dems be damned!! Wait.. I am a dem at heart...what am I saying????

rocco said...

LEE, no fair when someone is on vacation, let them be.! I think that the Gates Republicans should kiss Mark Assini butt, and be whatever he needs. If Mark was not running you would have had a ton of wild write in candidates. Mark already has been on our street twice, meeting and getting the information, and without giving me a wise ass response he listeined to my defense of cable 12 west and would give it some thought. AGAIN I am offering to paint the homes, do yardwork for the Gates Republicans, because this is Obama fault, ask Bob Lonsberry he knows.