Sunday, April 17, 2011

Prayer to the Blessed Virgin

As you faithful (no pun intended) readers know, I am a Roman Catholic and I believe in the power of prayer.

I have made a prayerful request for intervention on my behalf by the Blessed Mother. The request includes a special prayer and calls upon the supplicant to announce his or her belief in the power of the prayer and in the Blesssed Virgin Mary, by "publishing" the prayer. The prayer follows:

O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendour of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succor me in this my necessity. There are none that can withstand your power.

O, show me herein you are my mother, O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee (three times).

Holy Mary, Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands (three times).

UPDATE: The prayer's power remains intact.

3 comments:

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

You have me a bit worried Repoman. If there is anything your King or the Kingdom of Moronica can do for you just ask.

repoman said...

Although I am seeking some divine intervention, there is no need to worry, King.

Thanks for your concern. I'm just glad someone still reads this thing!

Unknown said...

John, Hope all is well, heading to Pittsburgh today for Easter weekend. (Marilyn says Hi. This is not a response to this post but I thought you would enjoy a quote from Obama at last night's fundraiser in California. "Change is not so simple"