Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Rooneys Are Not Amused

I am proud to be a Steeler fan today.

The Rooney's showed that some things are more important than winning. They think that character counts. Santonio Holmes was dealt for a fifth round draft pick after he violated the NFL's substance abuse policy again. This followed his drink throwing and DUI incidents. The Steelers said good-bye despite his prowess as a player.

Then they made it clear that Big Ben is also on thin ice. Unlike last year's denial speech, none of Steeler management backed up Roethlisberger while he gave his lame "I'm sorry, I was drunk", quasi-apology. Sorry Ben, this excuse isn't cutting it with Steeler management and many Steeler fans.

Ben has a lot of work to do to win back respect. He might start by staying out of college bars and hitting on coeds.

At least the Rooney's aren't just slapping him on the back saying "boys will be boys". I think that another incident will be strike three for Ben, no matter how good a QB he is. Letting Holmes go for a song was a pretty good indication that the Steeler's owners have a tolerance limit.

Good for them!

1 comment:

King Dinglefritz said...

It is nice to see people with scruples. You can count on an idiot like Pacman Jones never wearing Steeler colors. I may not be a Steeler fan but I guess I can be a Rooney fan.