Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It Wasn't His Night

On further review, my concern regarding a lack of East Side GOP support for Gino Nitti in the Monroe County Court race appears to have been unfounded.

A close look at the numbers shows mostly minor differences in the vote on the GOP line on both sides of the Genesee. There appears to have been no basis for my concerns.

It simply looks like there weren't enough votes in the GOP suburbs to overcome the big Democrat majority for Randall in the City and Brighton. I guess Monroe County voters just wanted to hedge their bets. They went big for Maggie and the GOP Legislature candidates but shied away from Nitti and Taylor.

Given my erroneous snap judgment, I surrender my "political scientist" license.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry kid...it’s just not your night. Tough words to hear!
If at first you don't succeed, try one more time. If at second you don’t succeed, then hang it up.

Monkeytoe said...

I'm glad that was so (not that we lost, but that the east side did not screw the west side over).

When I first read that post, I could not figure out why you believed that east side republicans would not vote for west side candidates.