Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Florida or Bust

Well, we are less than a week away from learning if Rudy Giuliani is a political genius or a campaign footnote.

As anyone who follows politics knows, Rudy has gone "all in" on the Florida primary. The polls show a close race. If he pulls out the win in Florida, the momentum will likely carry him to big victories in many large states on "Super Tuesday" (Feb. 5th). Thus, a Florida win may well propel him to the nomination. If he loses, he may follow Thompson out of the race. His only hope then would be a badly deadlocked convention which could turn to a compromise candidate. But that's little more than a pipe-dream.

I'm still rooting for Rudy. If he pulls it out, I will enjoy "gloating" over a couple of local "pundits" who have bashed Rudy pretty hard. If he loses, I'll take my lumps and try to figure out who I'm going to support for President.

No comments: