Friday, May 14, 2010

Does Michelle Know?

President Obama visited the Buffalo area yesterday on his "White House to Main Street" tour. In addition to speaking with workers at a local factory, he stopped for lunch at Duff's, a popular Buffalo area chicken wing restaurant.

The President ordered 10 wings, french fries and onion rings. I was really shocked by his order, given the First Lady's commitment to healthy eating. This link will take you to the website outlining her plan to fight childhood obesity.

What kind of example is the President setting by eating high-fat, deep fried foods? He apparently believes that appearing to be a "regular guy" who likes to try local dishes, trumps his wife's efforts as a food Nazi.

I'm with him on this one!

3 comments:

King Dinglefritz said...

Hey, Duff's won the Travel Channel's Food War Show between themselves and the Anchor Bar in a wing competition. Hey, If I was in Buffalo I would want to try the reigning champion's wings too.
Hey, we are only on this planet for a short time. I am not going to be miserable eating food that taste like cardboard when I could be taken out by a rogue golf ball at any time when I am out on the course.
Finally, and most surprising, something that you back Obama on. Will wonders never cease? Wait til your GOP buddies find out.

repoman said...

When he's right, he's right!

Wings, rings and fries sounded good to me. Plus, his wings were crispy medium. That's how I like them,too.

At least he's got good taste in fast food.

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

You cannot beat crispy medium as long as they are slathered in sauce. I am drooling right now just thinking about them.