Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blogging Imperative

I started this blog almost by accident as I noted in my "Opening Salvo".

I have enjoyed it immensely, however, despite my initial fantasy of becoming a world renowned (or web-renowned) blogger, I realize that I should not give up my day job.

First, I'm really not so pretentious as to believe that my opinions are so deep and insightful that they must be published and read. I doubt that there would be legions of readers waiting for my next post.

But a bigger issue is simply time and interest. I cannot imagine where some of the really good bloggers get the time to blog. Moreover, I could never produce the output of posts that many of them do. I really don't have an opinion on enough things. The popular bloggers post on every topic in the news. I only post when something stirs me up.

Anyway, I'm going to keep it up because I like it. I hope that there will be an occasional response and occasional debates, but its clearly just for fun. Powerline, have no fear.

1 comment:

Lami said...

It's a great blog! Get fired up!