Thursday, January 11, 2007

Opening Salvo

I was just trying to respond to a post on the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle Blog. In order to do so, I was led to create a blog of my own!

Well, I've always valued my own opinion more than most, so why not?

By the way, the point I intended to respond to (and I hope I can find my way back to that post) was a remark that there is a decreasing number of high profile conservative newspaper/syndicated columnists. While it is true that many of the old conservative war horses like Safire and Will are going or gone, there really is no dearth of conservative opinion. A quick rundown of the contributors to "The Corner" on National Review online would demonstrate this. The real problem is that newspapers like the D & C are not really interested in serious conservative writing.

Most major newspapers have a liberal bias and agenda. Conservative columnists get a token showing on the opinion page. Moreover, there are no conservative writers or editorialists associated with many papers, such as, the D & C. Safire, for example, was the designated (token?) conservative for the NY Times. His replacement, David Brooks, is a hollow shadow. But that's probably the way the Times wants it. I doubt that the D & C, for example, has any interest in associating itself with any conservative thinker.

Well, my first post!

I don't know where I may go with a blog. Maybe if I "vent" online, it will save my wife from having to listen to my many rants.

No comments: