Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!

Given that it's only 22 months until the 2008 Presidential Election, its only natural that I declare my fealty to a candidate.

My man is Rudolph Giuliani. I signed on to Rudy's exploratory committee and made my first donation to his campaign (you can too at http://www.joinrudy2008.com/ ). I will leave it to others to give you line and verse about why Rudy is the man. You can get some of the details in the following story from the "city journal" at http://city-journal.org/html/17_1_rudy_giuliani.html .

For me, its very simple. Rudy has the one quality we need in America more than any other.

Leadership.

He doesn't take a poll and then take a position. He sets his sights on a goal and goes for it. He doesn't lose heart when criticized; he doesn't let adversity weaken his resolve.

His handling of the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks showed us what can happen when the right man is in the right place at the right time.

But don't think that 9/11 is the only evidence of his leadership. New York City is a completely different place than it was pre-Rudy. He took a lot of flack for the tough stands he made. Thankfully, he didn't waver.

Rudy was the right man for New York. He's the right man for America in 2008.

No comments: