Thursday, October 25, 2007

McIntee Continues To Have Trouble With His Memory

I guess Mark McIntee needs to see a doctor about his repeated memory lapses.

First he claimed that despite seeing me on the afternoon of the Gates Budget workshop, he "forgot" that he had a question about fund balances that he intended to raise at the workshop.

Today I read his letter "explaining" his "no" vote on the preliminary budget. Among other things he stated..."[W]hen Town Attorney DiCaro looked up the law, it could not be determined at that time whether showing these fund balances was required since the majority of our funds have a negative balance". I guess he "forgot" that I gave him a Memorandum explaining that he was reading the statute too literally.

If I wanted to be charitable, I could assume that McIntee was referring the the 30 second period he gave me to read the law when he suddenly "remembered" that he was supposed to ask his fund balance question. My response was that the relevant section said what Mr. McIntee said it did. But I had previously reviewed the budget and found no legal problems with it. Mr. McIntee certainly did not express any reason for his "no" vote, nor did he try to amend the budget or ask for a delay in the vote. Any of those reactions might have been consistent with a genuine concern that the preliminary budget was flawed.

Based upon his "memory lapses", last minute inquiry and unexplained vote against the budget, my honest feeling is that Mr. McIntee was acting according to his pre-arranged script.

No comments: