Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Repoman's Turkey Tips

Okay, I'm really reaching for a post here, but I wanted all of you loyal readers to know that I am a many-faceted "renaissance man".

Nothing can mess up Thanksgiving like an un-thawed turkey. I can attest to many T-Day mornings soaking a frozen bird in cold water to try and speed up the process. I have mis-judged the amount of defrosting time so often that my wife doesn't even let me give my opinion anymore. Today's Democrat & Chronicle had an article in the "Living" section that may be of some use (as opposed to its news and opinion reporting). Among other things, the story includes the "Butterball Turkey Talk Line" number (800-288-2372 or http://www.butterball.com/). The turkey hot line saved us a couple of times.

For those of you with the responsibility of carving the bird, America Online has a video describing the proper technique. My father always carved; I've struggled the last few years trying not to hack the turkey to pieces. This video may help.

You will have to talk to Paula about the cranberry sauce. She has her own recipe and I don't know if she'll share it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the boss!